If you are a game lover, then you are in the right place. Sony’s PlayStation 4 allows sharing the game with family and friends. This means that you could easily play the game with your friend, no matter who owns the game. Playstation supports both share play and sharing but have slightly different features.
You just have to change the settings of the PS4 so that all the games can be accessed on your PS4. If we compare, in earlier days, sharings games were much easier than today. It is not difficult, but a little different in digital download then just loaning a disc to a friend. Sony has that function. You can authorise a friend’s PS4 and can share some of the best games available.
Things to know before Game Sharing
Game sharing is one of the best features of the PS4. An individual can own the game to allow the other person to play. But, there are certain things that you need to know before sharing. And, they are listed below:
- Playstation plus must be available to share games with your friend. Both you and your friend must have their own PlayStation Plus subscription.
- Only one game can be shared with one friend at a time. You can’t share with multiple people. If you do so, you are risking your account, and it might get blocked. Thus, ending your gaming timing.
- The person you are sharing must be trustworthy. Be very careful before you share the game. The sharing process requires giving out personal account information. So, that person must be trustworthy.
Process of Game Sharing on PS 4
To help you out with the sharing process. Below we have mentioned some of the steps that will guide you. They are as follows:
- At the very beginning, you have to log in to the PlayStation plus account with the account details
- Then, go to the Settings option and select Account Management.
- After that, select “Activate as your primary PS4”.
- Now, click on “Activate to confirm the choice”. This means that you are ready to share the game with your friend.
The Process to use Share Play on PS4
Share play is nothing but just a way through which you can invite a player on a different PS4 to view your game screen. You can also give the controller to the other person. The controller means that you have allowed the person to overtake the game and play the game as you or play together.
You must have a subscription to the PlayStation to take control of the game. You must have the PlayStation plus member to play together in multiplayer mode. And, some steps are given below:
- At first, on the PS4 home screen, you have to select a party, along with a start party option.
- Now, select the Create Group and choose Add Players to invite friends as you prefer.
- After that, start the game you want to play.
- You need to press the Share button on your controller, followed by Share Play on the screen.
- Select the person you want to play with and accept the invitation. You will get 60 mins in which you can share the game.
- Now, press the Share button on the controller, followed by the Go To Party For Share Play option.
- After that, you have to select the given controller’s visitor option.
- Now, you will get two choices: either allow the visitor to play like you or play a game together option. Go for the one you prefer.
Precautions & Warnings
If there is any need to adjust the PSN account or settings, you need to restart the entire process. The person you have shared your account with must terminate the device as the primary system.
If it is not done according to it, then setting the PS4 console correctly for the Game Share feature won’t be possible. Therefore, it would be better if you share the account with your family or close friends who are trustable enough. You can follow the steps again and set the game sharing if it is updated.
You can also deactivate the access to the console with the help of an account management tool of the Playstation 4. The location of these tools is in the browser, and you can use them in any sudden situation. But, you can only do this once in six months.
Unfortunately, if you do not have access to it, then you can not share your accounts with any other PS4 user. Not just one, you can share with many trustworthy friends, but one at a time. However, don’t play the game altogether; it might block your card. Also, be very cautious about the sharing habit and also who has access to it.
So, this was all about how to Game Share on PS4. The above points will help you take all the safety measures and play the game without any hassle. The points are very easily explained so that you don’t face any trouble.