Fix Some Taskbar Icons Are Missing from Windows 11 Taskbar
One of the best hacks of Windows is to be able to move your favourite apps onto the Windows taskbar for quick access. It was quite an interesting feature for the users. But, recently, several users have reported a lot about the taskbar icons not showing in Windows 11.
If you’re facing this problem, it can be rooted in several different problems. We have investigated this issue and have come up with the causes along with the fixes.
Cause of Taskbar Icon Missing from Windows 11’s Taskbar
There can be times when you experience this issue. After investigating, we observe that this problem can be rooted in different problems. A few problems we will discuss that can be the reason behind this issue:
- Corrupted System File
It might be possible that due to a corrupted system, your taskbar functionality is affected. You can resolve this issue by in-place upgrade or clean install process.
- Date Check Failure
You can face the issue if there is any faulty date and time. Many users facing this issue have reported this cause as the culprit behind the issue. You just have to change the date and time to their correct values.
- Language Pack Removal Glitch
One of the uncommon causes behind this issue is when you try to uninstall the language pack from Windows 11 and face this error. This can mess up the Taskbar icon. To fix this issue, you can use the System Restore Utility to revert back when you uninstall the language pack.
- Display Glitch
This cause is not always related to corruption, but rather it is just a cause of a display glitch. Out of all the causes, this one can be solved by resetting the taskbar display. You just have to uncheck it, and the issue will be fixed. Then, inside the Taskbar menu of Windows 11, check the Automatically Hide The Taskbar option.
Other causes like iris service glitch, Windows store issue etc., can also be the cause behind the issue mentioned above. All the fixes are discussed down below to make it easier for you to solve them.
Fixes of Taskbar Icons Missing from Windows 11’s Taskbar
Above, we have discussed the causes behind this issue. These will help you to deal with the problem more specifically. Now, we will talk about different ways to fix the Taskbar icon missing from Windows11’s taskbar.
Follow the instructions carefully to fix the issue:
1. Restarting Your Windows Explorer
One of the easiest ways to fix the issue is by restarting Windows Explorer. This method works in most cases. Thus, it is important that you give it a try. The steps are given to restart Windows Explorer from the Task Manager:
- First, you need to press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc together. This will launch the Task Manager on your computer.
- After that, under the Processes tab, scroll down and locate Windows Explorer.
- From the Context menu, choose the Restart menu.
- You will notice that Windows Explorer is now restarting. Finally, check if the issue of the App icons not showing has been removed or not.
2. Log Out and Log In
In most cases, it has been reported that the users have resolved the issue by logging out and then again logging into the Microsoft account. Try this method if the above method does not fix the issue. Now, press the Ctrl+ALT+Delete key altogether. After that, click on the Sign-out option. Then, log in to the account, and you will observe that the issue has disappeared.
3. Uninstall the Recent Updates
If after installing the recent updates you face this problem, then you must try to uninstall all the recent updates. The steps are instructed down below to help you out:
- First, you have to press Windows + I key. This will launch the settings on your computer.
- From the left side, click on the Windows Update option.
- After that, right-click on the Update History option and click on Uninstall Updates.
- The list of recent updates will appear in front of you. Just click on the uninstall option to delete them.
- Finally, restart to check if the problem has been solved or not.
4. Use of a Single Monitor
Users who are using a dual monitor setup may face this issue. You can try disconnecting the second monitor for a few minutes. Finally, again after reconnecting, you will observe whether the issues have been solved or not.
5. SFC Scan
SFC or System File Checker scan is used to locate and repair corrupted files. You can try running the SFC scan to fix the issue. Follow the instructions accordingly:
- First, you need to press the Windows +R key together. This will open the Run dialog on your computer.
- Now, in the given space type “cmd”. After that, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter together. This will launch the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Enter the command on the Command Prompt and press Enter.
6. Check the Automatically Hide Taskbar Option
Below we have mentioned the instructions to check the Automatically Hide Taskbar option.
- You need to launch the settings on your computer and for that press the Windows+I key together.
- Then, from the left side, click on the Personalisation option.
- After that, you need to scroll down and click on the Taskbar option. Again scroll down a bit and click on the Taskbar Behaviours option.
- Now, uncheck the box to automatically hide the Taskbar option. Finally, check if the issue has been fixed or not.
7. Delete the IRIS Service
This is another way to fix the issue. Many users have got the result by deleting the IRIS service. The instructions are given below:
- Hold the Windows +R key together. This will launch the Run dialog box on your computer, and then type “Run” in the dialog box.
- Now, launch the command as an administrator by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Enter key together.
- Then, enter the given command and press Enter
Reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService/f && shutdown -r -t 0
You will notice that the problem has been fixed.
8. Change the Date and Time
You can also try changing the date and time to fix the issue. Many users have got the desired result. The instructions are given below:
- Hold the Windows+R key together. This will launch the Run dialog box.
- In the given space of the Run dialog box, type ‘control’ and click on the Ok option.
- The Control Panel window will appear on your screen. Then, click on the Date and Time option.
- You just have to ensure that the time zone, date, and time are correct.
So, this was all about the fixes when you see some taskbar icons are missing from Windows 11 taskbar. All the fixes are well explained. Hope this will help you to deal with the issue. Moreover, many users have got the desired result.