Fortnite is available for free on gaming platforms. There are many game modes for every type of player. Often the users have experienced game crashes, and that can be very frustrating for the users. This is one of the most common issues that the users have been reporting. It can not be eliminated completely, but there are a few ways that you can use to fix the problem. Further, there can be a variety of reasons behind this game crashing.
Fixes to Solve Crashing Error
Below are the methods mentioned that will help the Fortnite players when they face any such error. Just follow the listed fixes and see which one works out. They are as given:
TDR Settings need to be change
TDR is Timeout Detection and Recovery. It is used to check the status of the graphic card. And, it will analyse and detect why your computer is not working. If you see that Fortnite keeps crashing, then you can go with changing the TDR settings for a fixture.
To do so below we have discussed the steps:
- First, go to the Registry Editor and back up all your registry. Hold on to the Windows+R key. The Run box will display on your screen.
- On the given space type ‘regedit’ and hit the Enter button. The Registry Editor will open on your screen. Now, click on the File option and click on the Export option.
- After that save the location you want to save the backup copy. Type the file name and save the document. You can use the copy to import to undo changes, if you face any issues.
- Now go to – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers and click on the empty space. Then, select the New option followed by the QWORD(64-bit) value option.
- Give a name to the new value as ‘TdrLevel’. After that double click on it and make sure the value data is set to 0. Finally, click on the OK option.
- Now, close the Registry and restart your computer, and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Do not Overclock your CPU
Often it has been seen that an increased CPU speed causes this kind of issue. If you experience Fortnite crashing, then you can go for overclocking the CPU to set its speed back to the default mode. This method is quite easy and simple. If the problem is not solved, then go for other fixes.
The Driver needs to be Updated
It can also be possible that an outdated driver is responsible for Fortnite crashing on your computer. Thus, in such a case, you need to update your driver. There are two ways you can do so, one automatically and the other manually.
Though the latter one is a little time-consuming. You can also install a third-party driver to make it easier. If you do, so then the steps are mentioned below:
- First, download and install the third party.
- After that, run the third-party application and click on the Scan Now button. It will detect the problem.
- After that hit the Update button. You will also find Update All options, you can also go for it.
Lower the Graphics Settings
Often the user has reported that due to high game graphics settings they have faced Fortnite crashing. Thus, you just need to change those settings. The first test should be by applying a lower resolution and see if the problem is solved or not. If it is, then this was the cause behind the error. Or else, other fixes are also present.
Reinstall the Fortnite
If nothing works, then you can go for reinstalling Fortnite. The steps are given below:
- First, you need to launch Epic Games Launcher. Then, you will see the Uninstall option next to the Launch option. Hit the Uninstall option.
- Now, restart the computer and launch Epic Games Launcher.
- After that, install the Fortnite along with Fortnite Battle Royale. The latter one is optional. You will see the gear icon, and click on it followed by Options. Tick the Battle Royale, and then Confirm.
- Now, launch Fortnite and see if the problem has been solved or not.
Disabling Fullscreen Optimization
Many users have diable full-screen optimization and have actually solved the issue. Just changing the compatibility properties of the game can work. The process is given below:
- First, go to the Fortnite install folder and proceed to – \fortnite\fornitegame\binaries\win64\
- After that, you need to right-click on the Fortnite client-win64-shipping.exe, and then select Properties.
- Now, go to the Compatibility tab and select Disable Fullscreen Optimization, followed by the Apply option along with the Okay option.
- Finally, see if the problem has been solved or not.
Reinstall Battleye Fortnite
The Battleye anti-cheat service might be responsible for game crashing. Thus, reinstalling the service might fix the problem. The steps are given below:
- First, you need to go to the Fortnite Install folder and then proceed to \fortnite\fortnitegame\binaries\win64\battleeye
- Now, Run the unintsll_battleye.bat file, and then restart your computer.
- After that, Run install_battleye.bat from the same folder. Check if the issue has been fixed or not.
Above, we have discussed the points that will help you to fix the game crashing. The points are effective as many users have already fixed the issue with these methods, and this troubleshooting will definitely help you out.