How to Fix Black Screen Issue on Discord While Streaming Movies?
We all enjoy watching movies. You will hardly find any person who doesn’t enjoy watching movies. Generally, you fix a date, gather everyone and watch your favourite movie. But, unfortunately, only some have the time or will to do that.
To make things much easier and simple, you have to just invite everyone to a Discord server and, by streaming, watch the movie you like. To know more, Discord is a platform where players gather with similar interests communicate and stream content together.
Unfortunately, many users witness a black screen while streaming movies with their friends. If you are using any app to watch movies on Discord, then due to copyright protection rights, you might be facing the issue. Or else hard or software-related issues can also cause the issue.
Cause of the Black Screen Error
The first step to solving the error is by knowing the cause of the error. There can be different reasons why you are facing the error.
We have listed the error that will help you to resolve the issue:
You might witness a black screen in case you enable the hardware acceleration without GPU installed or GPU can’t handle the stream.
There is a high possibility that the apps run in the background, which might cause a black screen when you stream Discord. Even when your RAM is low, you might face the error.
The Latest Technology Option
You might have noticed that Discord has an option for screen sharing that is the latest technology option. It will raise the audio and video quality and bring the black screen error.
Cache corruption is one of the common causes of the black screen error. The cache can build up as you use Discord and can cause trouble.
You might have noticed that when you stream windowed mode, it performs without any problems. But, when you switch to full screen, you encounter a problem.
There is a high possibility that ad-blocking extensions and apps can interfere with the video and cause the black screen error.
Often, wrong permission might bring a lot of trouble. Thus it is very important to with the right permission.
In case of the device, Operating system, Discord and other app are not compatible, and then you might come across the error.
Fixes of the Black Screen on Discord while Streaming Movies
To solve the issue, we have come up with the fixes that will help you to sort out the issue. All the fixes are tested, so you won’t have trouble following the guideline.
We are going with the basic solution, so don’t stress too much.
Turn Off the Browser Hardware Acceleration
This is one of the simplest and easiest ways to solve the issue. The steps are mentioned below both on Chrome and Firefox:
- First, you need to open Chrome and hit the three dots that are in the top right corner.
- A drop-down menu will appear. And select the Settings option from the menu.
- Now, use the Settings Search Engine of Chrome and in-the-box type hardware acceleration.
- After that, select Use Hardware Acceleration When Available to switch off the button. Then, select the Relaunch option
- You need to restart Firefox and click on the Menu button. Now hit the Settings option.
- After that, go to the General tab and uncheck the Recommended Performance settings.
- Now, you will notice the Use Hardware Acceleration When Available option; uncheck it. Finally, restart Firefox.
After you have completed the process, start the movie on Discord and see if you are still facing the issue or not.
Add the Browser to Discord’s Game Library
This is another easy way to fix the issue and eliminate the black screen you are witnessing. You just need to aff the browser to Discord’s game library. The steps are given below:
- First, you need to run Discord and go to the User settings. You will notice the Small Cogwheel that must be on the bottom left of the screen.
- Then, on the left side, a menu of a bunch of settings is given. Search for the Activity Status tab and select it.
- After that, select the Blue Add It button. On the drop-down menu, find the browser and click on Add Game button.
- Your browser is added to the Discord library. Finally, go back to the Discord screen and scream again to check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Trying a Different Browser
In case the above-mentioned fixes do not work and resolve the black screen issue, it is possible that the issue is with the browser. This is one of the quickest ways to determine the issue. Try using a different browser to resolve the issue.
For an instant, if you are using Chrome, alternatively, you can use Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or even Opera or Opera GX. Other options are also available, but these are the popular ones. Try to disable the hardware acceleration on this new browser that you have chosen.
Update the Graphic Driver
By installing a corrupted or outdated graphics driver, it can initiate the problem black screen error. Thus, make sure to have all the right drivers for the graphics card installed. Go to the manufacturer’s website for all the graphics cards.
Just make sure that it is compatible with the system. You can also install third-party tools, as the manual updates can take time. The third-party tool will automatically scan the computer and will list the driver. Thus, outdated or corrupted drivers can be fixed and updated.
Update the Discord App
It is important to update the Discord app from time to time. As the app develops, bugs and errors can be fixed by updating the version. Thus, regular updates of the app will run correctly.
You will face a black screen if you are running the old version. The Discord app will check the updates and install when you download the app. The steps are listed below:
- First, launch the Discord app.
- On your Taskbar, right-click on the Discord icon, and then hit the Check for Updates.
- Now, you just have to allow the app to install and download the updates. Finally, restart the app.
- For the shortcut key, you can simply use Ctrl+R to install the updates.
Pause all Running Discord Processes
You can also close the running Discord processes on your system. In most cases, though you close the app or even restart it, still, the previous processes keep running in the Task Manager.
- You must right-click on the Taskbar and then click on the Task Manager.
- After that, locate the Discord Processes and right-click on each one of them and click on the End task option.
- Finally, restart the Discord app and check if the issue has been resolved or not.
The black screen is out of many Discord issues that a streamer faces. All the processes to fix the issue are given. To read the instructions properly, a single mistake can make a lot of difference. Try the fixes one after another so that you can get the one that will help in resolving this issue.