Whether you’re looking to free up storage space, improve your device’s performance, or switch to an alternative browser, we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we’ll explore the methods to disable the Samsung Internet Browser, a preinstalled app on many Samsung devices.
Why You Might Want to Disable Samsung Internet Browser?
Before diving into the methods, it’s essential to understand why you might consider disabling the Samsung Internet Browser.
Some of the common reasons include:
- You prefer using a different web browser.
- To free up storage space on your device.
- You want to improve your device’s performance by disabling unnecessary apps.
Now, let’s move on to the methods.
3 Methods to Disable Samsung Internet Browser
Here are the methods that you can implement to disable Samsung Internet Browser
Method 1: Disabling Samsung Internet Browser (Preinstalled Apps)
This is the most straightforward way to disable the Samsung Internet Browser. Here’s how you can do it:
- Access the App Drawer on your Samsung device.
- Find the Samsung Internet app icon.
- Finally, tap and hold the app icon, then select “Disable”.
Method 2: Disabling Samsung Internet Browser Updates
If you don’t want the browser to update automatically, follow these steps:
- Access the Google Play Store.
- Next, find “Samsung Internet” in the search bar.
- Tap the app, and then select “More” (represented by three dots).
- Finally, uncheck the box for “Enable auto-update.”
Method 3: Using Package Disabler Pro+ (Advanced)
For those who want more control over system apps, you can use the Package Disabler Pro+ app. Please note that this method is more advanced and requires caution. Now that, you know how to disable the Samsung Internet Browser, you may wonder what happens next.
What Happens After Disabling Samsung Internet Browser?
When you disable the Samsung Internet Browser, it won’t be visible in your app drawer, and it won’t run in the background. However, it’s important to note that some apps may still rely on it for certain functions, so disabling it might affect the performance of those apps.
Why You Should Consider Disabling It?
Disabling preinstalled apps, like the Samsung Internet Browser, can have several benefits:
- It can improve your device’s performance by reducing background processes.
- It can free up storage space for apps and data you use regularly.
- If you prefer using a different browser, it can help you streamline your app collection.
Now, let’s address some common questions about disabling the Samsung Internet Browser:
Yes, you can reinstall the Samsung Internet Browser. Go to the Google Play Store, search for “Samsung Internet,” and select “Install” to restore it.
Disabling the browser itself shouldn’t cause any negative effects, but some apps might rely on it for specific functions.
Yes, there are many alternative browsers available, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
Yes, you can use the same methods to disable other preinstalled apps you don’t need.
Package Disabler Pro+ is a third-party app that allows you to disable system apps. While it can be useful, use it with caution and only if you’re familiar with the apps you’re disabling.
Disabling the Samsung Internet Browser can be a practical way to optimize your device’s performance and customize your app collection according to your preferences. So, choose the method that suits your needs and enjoy a more streamlined experience on your Samsung device.