8 Easy Fixes to Mend Screen Flickering on TCL Roku TVs
With a Roku subscription, your entertainment schedule should be uninterrupted unless and until a glitch appears. If you own a TCL Roku TV and suddenly notice flickering on it, it’s not good news. Undoubtedly, the flickering TV screen makes it impossible for you to watch TV peacefully.
Hence, you have to get rid of the screen flickering on your TCL Roku TV. Numerous reasons can trigger flickering, for example, loose power cables, faulty HDMI connecting cables, etc.
In addition, defective backlights, software problems, wrong video resolution, and brightness issues can contribute to the flickering of the TV screen.
Let’s check out easy-to-implement fixes to solve the flickering issues on your TCL Roku TV:
Reboot your TCL Roku TV
Screen flickering might be just an outcome of a stuck display. To evade a stuck display, you can simply restart your TCL Roku TV.
If it’s been a minor glitch, then a restart will sort out everything. Additionally, a quick restart helps with unnecessary overheating and cleaning cache data on your TV.
How can you restart your TCL Roku TV? Here’s what you need to do:
- Shut down your smart TV.
- After that, you must detach the TV’s power plug from the power outlet.
- Don’t turn on the TV or plug in the cable immediately. Instead, let the TV rest for 10 minutes or so. This will help the television to cool down entirely.
- Now, you can plug the TV’s power cable into a nearby power source.
As an alternative, you can try another power outlet rather than the usual one if you think that the previous outlet is faulty.
Make sure that you unplug the surge protector and plug it back if you’re using any. Finally, you can turn the TCL Roku device on and check if the screen is still flickering.
Hard Reset the Television
You might try this if the reboot or power cycle fails. Corrupted downloads or applications can make your TV stuck in bad condition.
Hence, only a hard reset can rescue your TCL Roku TV. Additionally, a hard reset can fix the problems associated with outdated firmware.
Check out the guidelines below to hard reset your TCL Roku TV:
- Start with powering off the TV s usual.
- Detach your TV’s power cable from the power source.
- Locate the Power button on your TV and hold it down for 20 seconds straight.
- Next, empty the battery compartment of the TV remote. Additionally, press every button on the remote control at least once.
- Insert the batteries back into the remote control.
- Then, plug the power cord of the TV into a reliable power outlet.
Turn on your TCL Roku TV. if you want to avoid the manual hard reset, you have to navigate to the option ‘Restore to factory defaults’ option.
It might be hard as the screen keeps flickering. If your TV screen doesn’t flicker that much, then you can take a chance with the remote control.
Make Changes to the Picture Settings
Television screens might flicker if the brightness is too high. On the other hand, the disabled mode called LED Motion Clarity might trigger a brighter or blurred screen.
Enabling this mode will help the television achieve the stabilisation it requires. As a result, you will get a clean and crisp output.
Here’s what you need to go through to retain the right settings:
- Open up any streaming application on your TCL TV. It can be Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, or anything your subscription allows you to stream.
- Then, try playing any video and press the ‘*’ button on your remote control.
- Make the necessary adjustment to the current picture settings.
- In addition, set the brightness to a lower or more suitable level than you want.
- Next, enter the Advanced Picture Settings and try out different configurations to find out which is the best for your TV.
Test All the Connecting and Power Cables
Perhaps, the flickering screen of the TCL Roku TV is not a software menace. A faulty connection or power input might be responsible for such a disturbing experience.
It can be an outage that might be triggering the screen to flicker. In addition, connected HDMI cables might be defective, especially when you are streaming using Roku, Chromecast, or similar platforms.
However, it’s quite tricky to learn which cable is responsible for the trouble. Detach all the cables from your TCL Roku TV to identify the culprit. After that, try inserting them one by one.
The moment you insert the defective cable, the issue might appear, and that’s how you will know that this is the faulty cable. Try replacing that cable and check if this works.
Disable the Mode Called Standby LED
Surprisingly, a single mode, if turned on, can lead your TCL TV to flicker. The enabled Standby LED mode might act as a bug. This mode allows light to turn on when your TV is in standby mode. Due to a power outage, the standby mode can risk your TV’s components and mechanism.
Additionally, the hardware of the TCL Roku TV might act weirdly when the Standby LED mode is on. This happens because the mode doesn’t let the TV cool down and rest enough. Here’s how you can turn off the mode:
- Opt for the Settings option from the home screen of your TCL Roku TV.
- Navigate to System and tap on the Power option.
- Next, you need to locate and click on the ‘Standby LED’. Just turn it off.
Update the Roku Operating System
Screen flickering can be a result of outdated Roku OS. probably, the current operating system version might not be compatible with the resolution settings of the monitor.
Here’s what you need to follow to update the operating system:
- Start by pressing the Home button from the Roku remote control.
- Next, tap the Up navigation button and hover over Settings.
- After that, go for the System Update option from the System menu.
- You can notice the existing Roku OS version. Alongside this, there will be an automatic search for the latest OS version, if available.
Make sure that you update the OS if there is an option available. You can also visit the official website of Roku to check whether there’s an OS version available for your TV model.
Clean the TV Mainboard
Does your TCL Roku TV overheat? If yes, then your TV might be flickering because of heat. To calm down your TCL Roku TV, you should clean your Roku TV’s mainboard. Thoroughly cleaning the TV’s mainboard, Tcon board, and vents might solve the glitch.
However, you have to unmount the TV from the wall or the shelf. Then, place it on a rigid surface to disassemble the TV carefully.
Well, you might require expert intervention to clean your TV with the right expertise. It’s best to use a vacuum cleaner to clean your TV’s interior.
Contact the Support Team
If none of the fixes works for your TV, then you have to contact the customer support team of TCL Roku TV. Those experts might guide you through the next steps to get your TCL TV recovered from the flickering issue.
In addition, you might have to upgrade your TV, as it’s older. Therefore, get in touch with the legitimate support team to know your next step.