Polo shirts are considered business casual based on modern fashion experts. Even in workplaces, polo shirts are accepted as office dress code. Even pairs of polo shirts are also accepted in business casual. This kind of shirt is very comfortable and easy to wear, and most importantly, go with every style.
The shirt falls under the casual type, and it is designed with a collar, a packed neckline, two or three buttons and optional pockets. Many offices allow their workers to wear chinos. Thus, in such cases, polo shirts can be a great choice. We have discussed every point to guide you.
What Is Business Casual?
Business casual is defined as a Western dress code that includes a dress shirt, necktie And trousers, and you can wear it with odd-coloured blazers as well. You might not be able to find the exact definition of business casual.
People often think that it includes khaki pants, slacks, and skirts, along with long-sleeved shirts and short-sleeved polo shirts. Whereas dress like hand jeans, tight or short skirts, t-shirts and sweatshirts do not fall under business casual. The definition is not constant, it depends on different companies or workplaces.
Whether Polos Are Business Casual Or Not?
The answer is yes. Polos are considered business casual if only you can pair them with the right outfit. In many offices they do not allow the workers to wear button down every day, you can then go for polo shirts. This will not disappoint you at all. If they accept chinos, then polo shirts will definitely be a great choice.
All you need is the right style to carry a level of professionalism with polo shirts. If you want you can tuck the polo shirt and add a nice belt to style. And it can be a really good combination. Along with that, add a pair of loafers or boat shoes. This will boost the professionalism within you.
Can You Pair Your Untucked Polo Shirt With Business Casual?
Well, there are a few criteria that you to take care of while pairing an untucked polo shirt with business casual. We have listed them down below.
1. First of all, you need to see what kind of job you have applied for.
2. If there is any dress code of the company you are currently working for.
3. The position of the company you are working for.
4. Whether there is any separate dress code in the office.
5. In case you want to impress the interview panel.
What are the Advantages of Polo Shirts?
We have mentioned some of the advantages that can be helpful to you. They are listed down below.
1. Polo shirts can be a great option for casual days as well as business casual for both men and women.
2. The polo shirts can be a good match with jeans. Thus, you can lay back the dress code.
3. You can wear polo shirts with everything, from dresses to shirts.
4. If the workplace you are at allows a business casual aesthetic, then you can wear colour patterns that look dressed.
5. You can mix and match other work-ready apparel along with your polo shirts.
6. In case you want some gift ideas for your loved friend or close ones, then polo shirts can be a good choice.
7. You can wear polo shirts all year. This means that you can wear polo shirts even in the spring season.
8. Even in the winter season, you can use your polo shirts for business casual with the right pairing. Not only in winter, but it also looks sophisticated in autumn. Almost every season you can wear your polo shirts.
9. After autumn, winter and spring, polo shirts are super comfortable casual summer outfits.
The Right Time To Tuck In A Shirt
There is no doubt that shirts are essential for office uniforms as well as for formal events. In case the shirt is like a polo shirt, that is, it has a straight hem, then no need to tuck it. Whereas if it has a curved hem like a business shirt, then you need to tuck it. Whether you need to tuck in or not, depends on the occasion and the dress code. For instance,
- In case you are planning for a casual event, then you need to leave the shirt untucked.
- For a casual jacket and casual coat, you need to tuck in the shirt.
- If you are wearing a business casual outfit, then tuck in the shirt.
- Even for business formals, you need to tuck in a shirt.
Types Of Shirts You Need To Tuck In
Tucking and untucking shirts mainly depend on the type of shirt you are wearing. There are certain rules for different types of shirts, and it would be great if you followed them.
1. Polo shirts
If you want you can tuck the polo shirt. But it would be better to leave the polo shirts untucked. It will make you look modern and stylish.
For this type of shirt, it would be better to keep it untucked, irrespective of whether you are wearing a casual jacket or not.
3. Short-sleeve casual and long-sleeve casual
For long sleeves, it would be better to untuck the sleeve, but it depends on the occasion. However, for short sleeves, you must untuck it regardless of the occasion.
4. Business and dress shirts
Generally, people wear this type of shirt either with full shirts or chinos. Thus, it would be better to tuck this type of shirt.
We have tried to guide you regarding whether polo shirts are business casual or not. Above, we have also tried to mention whether to tuck it or keep it untucked. Hopefully, the information will help you out.