Nowadays, multiplayer gaming is in demand, and so is cross-play. Still, you can’t deny the importance of split-screen facilities in gaming. This feature might be diminishing, and you are probably unaware of the fact that numerous games still support it.
Is Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 available in a split-screen facility to enjoy with other players? The answer is yes.
You can play Black Ops 3 with split-screen enabled, and that too on Xbox 360. But, how to play split-screen Black Ops 3 Xbox 360? Let’s check out this guide and learn how you can set up the game on the console.
Split-Screen support Feature of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
As you already know, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 has a split-screen feature. However, there are a few restrictions. The console in question here is Xbox 360. 2-player split-screen mode is available for Black Ops 3 on Xbox 360.
You can also play Zombies mode on Xbox 360 with Black Ops 3 split-screen enabled. Similarly, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles support the split-screen feature for the Zombies mode of Cod Black Ops 3.
However, you can extend the multiplayer mode up to 4 players on these two consoles, but this is unavailable for Xbox 360.
Still, you can enjoy the title in 2-player split-screen mode. The screen will be split either vertically or horizontally, and you can play the game offline.
How to Play Split Screen Black Ops 3 Xbox 360?
You need to set up the Xbox 360 to play Black Ops 3 with Split screen enabled. Additionally, only 2 players can join the multiplayer mode of Black Ops 3 when it’s on Xbox 360.
However, players should have separate controllers to enjoy the game on a split screen. For example, players will need 2 controllers with the 2-player split screen enabled for Black Ops 3 on Xbox 360.
Here’s what you need to follow:
- Go to Xbox Home Menu and select the Sign-in component.
- Then, choose the option that says, ‘Add New Profile’.
- You have to add 2 Live profiles and get back to the Xbox Home Menu.
- Log into your Xbox account. Next, launch the game, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3.
- Navigate to the Main menu and connect the second controller.
- Press A on the controller so that the player can join the game.
- After that, you need to enable the Multiplayer mode.
- Press A to activate the split screen option.
Now, you can enjoy Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 with a split screen activated on your Xbox 360 console.
Can You Enjoy Black Ops 3 Offline?
You can experience split-screen offline mode while playing Black Ops 3 on Xbox 360. The split-screen co-op feature is available for local play. Make sure you select the local multiplayer play option instead of online play.
However, keep in mind that playing offline might be counted separately from the multiplayer online character. In addition, the gameplay will be easier. This is because AI bots will replace online opponents.
Setup of Split Screen on Xbox One for Black Ops 3
If you own an Xbox One and want to enjoy the split-screen facility for Black Ops 3 then it’s possible. Here’s how you can enable it:
- Access the Home Menu on your Xbox One. Then, go to the Sign-in option.
- Choose the ‘Add New Profile’ option.
- After that, add the second Xbox Live profile. This should belong to the other player.
- Now, sign into your regular Xbox account.
- Launch Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and connect the second controller through in-game settings.
- Press A on the second controller to connect the other player online.
- Again, press A to split the screen.
Finally, you can select the profile, and both players are ready to play.
Are there any Disadvantages of Split-Screen Gaming?
Hopefully, the guide has helped you learn how to play split-screen Black Ops 3 Xbox 360. Split-screen is great, but it’s difficult to aim for anything since the screen size gets smaller.
Similarly, flanking, estimating the attack range, and concentrating on details get harder with split-screen gaming. Ranking up is possible, but it’s not possible with offline mode. Hence, you have to take care of these factors.