Discord started its journey as a common chit-chat platform. But, now, it lets you add uniqueness to your conversation. You are free to customise your texts and messages with GIFs, emojis, and images. You need to know about Markdown formatting on Discord to show some craftsmanship.
Those simple keyboard commands using your mobile or computer can bring a real change to the content dedicated to your readers and viewers. Furthermore, spoiler tags are one of the trending formats going on nowadays. You can warn your viewers through the spoiler tag, as the image might have something that a group of particular viewers might find sensitive.
On the other hand, the image can be a real spoiler for a handful of viewers. They might not be ready to witness it right now.
Do you want to know how to spoil images Discord? And, how will they appear?
Let’s find out how to mark an image as a spoiler on Discord.
How to Spoil Images Discord: On Desktop or Computer?
Sharing images, videos, texts, or any other content has become very easy for anyone. However, the reality is that not everyone would like to know or discover everything. That’s why the concept of the spoiler tag comes into play. Fortunately, the same feature is now available on Discord.
Discord developers have found how to spoil images Discord. Now, any Discord user can add the spoiler tag, and it will grey out the image. Additionally, it won’t be visible on its own until someone clicks it.
If you are using a computer, then go through the following guidelines:
- Navigate to the chat section or message field on Discord.
- Next, upload the image, video, or link you want to mark as a spoiler.
- Without sending it over, you need to modify the file properties.
- You will notice 3 options above the image or whatever you have chosen. The eye-shaped option is for Spoiler tags, the pen-shaped option lets you Modify, and the last Trash-shaped option is there to remove the attachment.
- In this case, you need to add a spoiler tag. Click the Spoiler or eye-shaped option.
Once you have added the spoiler tag to your desired image or content, you can post or send it using Discord.
What about Spoilering Texts on Discord?
Like images or other multimedia options, users can add spoiler tags to their texts or messages. Go through the instructions below:
- Type your text in the chatbox of Discord.
- After that, highlight the text using the mouse or double-clicking it.
- A pop-up menu should appear with an eye-shaped icon. This is the Spoiler tag. Click on the Spoiler tag option.
- Afterwards, you should see your text within two ‘||’s.
- Send the text with a press on the Enter key.
Spoilered texts will appear grey and won’t be visible until viewers click it. Moreover, you can manually add those ||s to wrap your text and make it spoiler content.
Discord’s Markdown format is very easy to use, and you need not click any specific button for this. Just like this:
- Start your text with ||. Press the Shift and Backslash keys together to type |.
- Don’t press the spacebar after ||s; directly type in what you want to text. Well, you can place spaces within your message.
- Once you are done typing the text, place ‘||’ again.
- Now, hit the Send button, and your text will be sent with a spoiler tag.
How to Spoil Images Discord: Using Mobile Devices?
Earlier, the spoiler tag was available to only web versions of Discord and that too for Mac and Windows PCs. But, lately, Discord developers have brought the same feature to the mobile version of the Discord app. Therefore, mobile users can now easily know how to spoil images Discord.
Whether it’s an iOS or an Android device, you can follow the steps below to add a spoiler tag to your image:
- Go to the chat window on the Discord mobile application.
- Locate the + button in the text field and tap on it. It will restrict you from opening too many applications, and you can add images without stress.
- Select the image from the gallery of photos. Don’t freak out, as selecting the mage won’t send the file instantly.
- Rather, Discord will let you modify the image before you hit the send button.
- Tap and hold the image that you want to add a spoiler tag. Let the hold from the image go after a couple of seconds.
- This will bring up a pop-up menu with options. Tap the option that says, ‘Mar as spoiler’. Then quit the pop-up window.
- Then, the image should appear blurry. Thus, you know that your image is marked with a spoiler tag.
Additionally, you can add texts to your image, but this isn’t mandatory. Now, you can hit the Send button, and everyone will experience the image as a spoiler.
How to Add Spoiler to Discord Texts on Mobile Devices?
Just like any other file, image, or video, you can add spoiler tags to your texts on your mobile Discord application. Type the text in the chat box and wrap the text within two ||s.
Place the first || at the beginning of the text and type another || at the end of the text. Then, you can tap the Send option to publish the text with a spoiler tag.
As an alternative, you can type the text and hold on to it to highlight it. Tap the ‘Mark as spoiler’ option when the pop-up menu appears. And, it will add a spoiler tag to your text. Press the Send button to send it over.
Can you Remove the Spoiler Tag on Discord?
Apart from learning how to spoil images Discord, removing them is also important to know. Explore the Discord application and tap Settings. Select Text & Images from the left pane. Scroll down to reach the section of spoiler content.
The ‘on click’ option lets you hide spoilers from every channel. Or, you can hit the ‘on servers I moderate’ option to make spoilers disappear on your server. Otherwise, go for the ‘Always’ option to disable the spoiler tag for your Discord account.