Windows 11 is no stranger to you; however, many users have reported after installing Windows 11 on computers or laptops, they are facing a particular issue. The issue is the watermark at the bottom right corner on Windows 11.
The issue appears when your computer is incompatible with installing windows 11. This issue can be very annoying at times. However, when windows 11 came out, it was not welcomed by many users. Many of the features were not at the right location or were missing, even though Windows 11 is ahead in terms of design language, user convenience etc.
It is much more specific than the other models and even supported by a few older hardware. This peculiar watermark saying ‘system requirements not met’ on a computer or laptop can make things difficult. We will discuss the fixes to help you out.
Fixes to Remove the ‘system Requirements not Met’ Watermark on Windows 11
You can go for a quick registry fix to get rid of the watermark from your system. But, before you jump straight into the registry menu, it is important to know why the watermark is appearing on your computer or laptop.
Microsoft’s new version of the operating system is quite a heavy one, and not all computers support this operating system. Thus, you might face the ‘system requirements not met’ watermark. It means that the specification of the system is not enough for the operating system to handle properly.
Your system hardware must be powerful enough to install the operating system. But, if you have installed the operating system and are getting this ‘system requirements not met’, then we have discussed some of the fixes to help you out.
By simply modifying the values in the registry editor, you can remove the system requirement not met the watermark. The steps are mentioned below:
- First, from your keyboard, you need to press Windows+R. The run dialog box will appear and in the empty space type “regedit” followed by pressing the OK button.
- After that, click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER followed by clicking on the Control Panel.
- Then, you have to click on the UnsupportedHardwareNotificationCache and again right-click on the SV2 DWORD followed by clicking on modify.
- Now, type the value data 0 and press the OK. After that, you need to close all the tabs and restart your computer.
- If you see that there is no Unsupported_Hardware Notification Cache key, in such a situation you have to create one.
To create a new key, followed the steps given:
- First, you have to right-click on the Control Panel in the Registry Editor.
- After that, click on the New option followed by the Key option.
- Now, you have to name the key as UnsupportedHardwareNotificationCache and right-click on it.
- Then, click on the New option followed by selecting the Dword(64-bit) and name the value as SV2.
- After that, click on it, and you need to set the value as 2.
- Finally, click on the OK option and save the changes you made. After that restart, your computer and you will notice that the watermark has gone.
Use the Registry Script automatically
In order to automate the process, you just have to run the registry script. Find the script in the .zip file, and you might also notice a script to add the watermark in this .zip file. Below we have mentioned the instructions to add the UnsupportedHardwareNotificationCache key.
Now, remove the ‘system requirements not met’ watermark. Open the downloaded .zip file and search for the location where you have extracted the files. Double click on the Remove UnsupportedHardwareNotificationCache file.
You just have to confirm the UAC prompt to launch the Registry Editor as an administrator. It will ask for your permission, click yes to confirm. Finally, restart the computer to apply the changes.
Find out whether your computer supports Windows 11
Most of your problems will get solved if you check whether your computer is supported by Windows 11 or not.
- First, you have to open the web browser and download the health check tool.
- After that open, the downloaded setup files from the computer and just follow the instructions given to install the software.
- After completing the setup, you need to make sure to tick on the check box ‘Open Windows PC Health Check’ and then hit the finish option.
- The PC health check tool dialog box will appear. Scroll down and click on the Check now option.
- Now, check whether your PC meets all the requirements of Windows 11. After that, click on the ‘See All Results’ option to see the additional results.
- You can even check whether any specific requirements are met by your computer or not.
The above information will help you to deal with the watermark appearing on your screen. With future updates, the watermark might come back. In such cases, you just have to repeat the same methods as mentioned above. These methods will help you to remove the ‘system Requirement not met’ watermark.