PS4, also known as PlayStation 4 is a home video game. Sony computer entertainment is the developer of this game. PS4 is the eighth-generation video game console by Sony. In 2022, if you are planning to buy a PS4, you won’t regret your decision. Now, you must know how to install PS4 controller to the computer and to the PS4. It has quite easy steps, so you won’t face any difficulties following them.
How to Connect the PS4 Controller to the PS4 Game?
This guidance will show you how to connect the PS4 controller with the PS4 console. All steps are properly explained. Also, we will give you proper guidance to connect a second controller without a USB cable. Follow to understand how to install PS4 controller.
Using a USB Cable Connect the PS4 Controller
In case you are using a wired PS4 console, then the following steps will help you out:
- First, you need to turn on the PS4 console, and for that, you have to press the Power button on the PS4 console.
- After that, you have to plug the other end of the PS4 controller into the USB port of the game.
- Now, on the controller, you need to press the PS button at least for 3 seconds.
- Lastly, you will observe that the wired PS4 is connected to the console.
Using a Wireless PS4 Controller without a USB Cable
In case a situation arises where you want to add second or more wireless controllers to the PS4, but you don’t have the USB cable, then you can follow the steps given:
- First, you have to go to the Settings on the PS4 dashboard. After that, select devices followed by Bluetooth devices.
- After that, on your PS4 controller, you need to hold the Share button along with the PS button for almost 5 seconds.
- Now, you will notice the Bluetooth on your PS4 controller. You need to select it.
Connect the PS4 Controller to the Computer
So, after how to install PS4 controller you also need to know how to connect them. There are two main ways that you can use to connect your PC controller to the computer. One is through USB and the other with Bluetooth. Both the ways are given with every detail. All the information about both the ways is given.
Use USB to Connect the PS4 Controller
In order to connect your PS4 controller to your PC you need to follow the given steps. With the help of a micro USB cable, the task becomes the easiest and simplest. After you connect the USB with your controller and the computer you don’t need any more configuration. Also for, your instance, the cable is quite easy to find. A few more details are given below:
- First, plug the smaller end of the micro USB cable into the port, which is on the front side of the controller.
- After that, take the bigger end of the micro USB cable and plug it into the USB port on the computer.
- Now, the connection is completed. After that, follow the instructions accordingly.
Use Bluetooth to Connect Your PS4 Controller
In case you are not using the USB cable, then you can use Bluetooth to connect the PS4 controller to your PC knots might create confusion. Below we have discussed the steps to install the PS4 controller through Bluetooth. You can just simply pair the controller with your computer via Bluetooth. There are two options and we will discuss both:
- You need to use the official PlayStation Bluetooth adapter, thus making it totally compatible with the PS4 controller.
- You can also use any third-party Bluetooth USB adapter, but you need to make sure that it recognizes the controller. There are two ways either manually or automatically. For the automatic way, you can use any third-party app.
- First, download the third-party app and hit the run option. After that select the ‘Scan now’ button. It will automatically scan and update your device.
- After your Bluetooth adapter is ready, press and hold the Share button and PS button on your controller. Hold it till you see the light bar start flashing.
- Now, just pair the controller with the computer.
How to Sync the PS4 Controller?
Other than, how to install PS4 controller, syncing PS4 is one of the easiest tasks to do. In case you are trying to pair your controller, you just need a cable to do so. We have listed the steps:
- First, you need to plug the USB cable into the controller and after that into the USB port in the PS4.
- You will observe that after you turn on your PS4, the controller will automatically connect your PS.
- To activate you just have to push the PlayStation button which is at the centre of the controller.
- This will take you to the login screen, thus choosing a player account to go with that controller.
- If you see the LED light bar turn bar on the top of the controller, then it means that the controller is working. The cable that you are using will also recharge your controller and when it does, it will turn yellow.
How to Charge the PS4 Controller?
For your information when the controller is connected to the PS4, it automatically charges the internal battery. Even though it is in the rest mode still it will continue charging. You will see a yellow light to turn on. For instance, if the controller is running low then it might flash yellow light and an on-screen message will pop up saying you need to plug it in. Depending on the player of the controller it will glow with different light when it is charged.
Henceforth, this was the complete detailed instruction about how to install the PS4 controller on both computers as well as PS4. The instructions are well-mentioned, hope you won’t face any trouble dealing with it. Also, we have given some extra information so that you have a clear idea.