Twitch is a popular platform for live streaming content about sports, entertainment, gaming, music, and so on. We think that everything will get relevant content on Twitch. The platform provides interactive services for streamers so that they can collaborate easily. Hosting on Twitch is one of the most usual processes for streamers to collaborate.
Collaboration of streamers is nothing new. Streamers with a huge number of subscribers help new gamers or channels with comparatively smaller viewers with collaboration, often. If you are thinking about how to host on Twitch, then you are at the right place.
Basically, you have to use the host mode. It gives the broadcaster permission to host another channel’s live streaming on its own channel. Viewers of both the streamers will receive notifications about the streaming or hosting. And, viewers can join the collaboration video and watch without any additional clicks.
Here’s everything you need to learn about how to host on Twitch.
How to Host on Twitch Using a Computer?
Streamers can immensely benefit from hosting on Twitch. Your community will grow stronger even though you are offline. You can now easily collaborate with your favourite content creators and share your personality and vibes with your audience.
Let’s check out how to host on Twitch using a desktop computer or laptop:
- Sign in to your Twitch account and click your profile picture. It generally resides in the top-right corner of the page.
- Choose the Channel option from the drop-down menu.
- There’s a chat section on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Go to your channel chat by clicking the option that says, ‘Send a message’. Type in ‘/host’ followed by the channel name that you want to share.
- Send the message to start hosting. Twitch lets you transit to another channel on it by using the /host command up to 3 times in 30 minutes. Therefore, you can use the /host command up to 3 times if the hosting goes offline.
- Once you host the content you want to share, your subscribers and viewers will view it. Stay with your audience and participate in the comment section during live streaming.
- You have to simply type ‘/unhost’ in the chat. It will end the hosting.
The channel gets displayed on your channel’s carousel. Viewers can click on it to enjoy what you have steamed.
What about Mobile Users: How to Host on Twitch?
Twitch is also available for mobile devices as an application. If you are an Android or iOS user, you can install the Twitch app on your device. It’s possible to start hosting on Twitch using the application, as well.
Here’s how to host on Twitch using mobile phones:
- Navigate to the channel whose content you want to stream or host on Twitch.
- Tap the video player on that Twitch channel.
- Next, locate the Share option somewhere in the upper right corner of the screen and tap it.
- A pop-up menu might appear. You have to select the Host followed by the channel name option to start the hosting.
- You need to tap the unhost option to end the hosting.
Well, there’s an alternative way to host on Twitch using the mobile application. You have to go to your channel chat and execute the /host command followed by the channel name you want to host.
This is similar to what you did to host on Twitch using a computer. However, the above-mentioned method is easier than this alternative one.
How to Host on Twitch: Auto Hosting
All the previous solutions regarding how to host on Twitch are manual rather than automatic. Twitch offers you an auto-hosting feature to automatically host all the pre-approved channels, and it works even when you are not online or live. Auto-hosting is an appreciable feature to support your fellow broadcasters on Twitch and grow the community.
Broadcasters can enable the auto-host feature and the system will automatically choose a channel. Remember that it will only work when your channel is not live and doesn’t host another channel.
Here’s how to host on Twitch with the auto-host feature:
- Navigate to the Twitch website and log in to your account.
- Locate your profile picture from the upper right corner of the screen and click on it.
- A menu will expand and you have to click Settings from the menu.
- Click the Channel and Videos tab.
- Scroll down until you can observe the section called Auto Hosting. Toggle the ‘Auto host channels’ option to its right side to enable the option.
- After you have activated auto hosting, you need to click the ‘Host list’ option from the bottom of the screen.
- It will take you to a page where you can add Twitch channels for auto hosting. Search for all the intended Twitch channels. Once they appear, click the Add button. You can add as many channels as you want to the host list.
How to Manage Channels to Your Auto-Host List Later?
If you wish to rearrange the order among the list of auto hosts, then you can do it easily. The arrangement order plays a huge role in prioritising the hosting video in the listed order.
However, this will only work if you set the option to ‘Display channel in the order they appear’. Follow the guidelines below to learn how to do so:
- Head towards the Autohost List option under your Twitch channel.
- Search for the channel you want to add for auto hosting.
- Add or remove channels at your convenience. You can even drag and drop channels to rearrange their order.
If you don’t want this, you can set the option as ‘Display channels in an order personalised to each viewer’.
Why Should You Host on Twitch?
Hopefully, the guide was helpful about how to host on Twitch. Hosting on Twitch lets your community grow with the help of broadcasters. Share your viewpoint regarding any live streaming content with your friends or the audience on Twitch. Host anything such as games, charity events, concerts, or anything you like.