Top 5 Free Duplicate File Finder Windows 10 Tools
Duplicate files seem to clog up your Windows 10 computer’s internal hard drive. If you tend to download and save files regularly, then chances are there that your computer will soon run out of disk space. The best way to make some free space is to find duplicate files piled on your computer and delete them.
Does Windows 10 have a duplicate file finder by default? Well, not yet, but you can take some free duplicate file finder Windows 10 tools into consideration. We have listed a few trending and free duplicate file finders that can identify and erase duplicate files, videos, and more from your Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices.
Installing such a duplicate file finder on your PC will help you keep your computer clean and organised. Moreover, your computer won’t slow down easily while handling resource-consuming tasks.
Let’s review some reliable duplicate file finders for Windows 10 devices.
Recommended Free Duplicate File Finder Windows 10
To your surprise, you might find the same file scattered here and there on your computer’s hard drive. Hence, your disk space is wasted in storing a file twice. Freeing up the space by detecting the duplicate files manually might be time and effort-consuming.
How about a free duplicate file finder Windows 10 tool that will delete such junk from your PC?
You can pick the right one from the following choices. Just run the software, and it will automatically detect all the duplicate files. After that, you can review them and decide whether you want to keep them or delete them instead. Apart from checking duplicate files monthly, you can consider defragging your PC’s hard drive.
Check out the following recommendations for free duplicate file finder Windows 10 software:
This is one of the most popular and efficient PC cleaners of all time. CCleaner scans your computer for duplicate files. The built-in powerful cleaning tool can eliminate bloatware and other trash. You can use the software to sort and search duplicate files according to name, size, date modified, or content.
On the other hand, this free duplicate file finder Windows 10 tool can even distinguish between the original and edited music files.
Get the following advantages with CCleaner on your Windows device:
- The software is compact, easy to use, and swift.
- Users can personalise search options.
- It receives regular updates and patches.
- Safe and secure option for Windows 10 and Windows 11 users.
- You can use the free version, but there are different subscriptions for everyone.
However, CClenaer has only one drawback. You need to withstand lots of ads if you stick to its free version. Well, you can switch to a convenient pricing option if you like the free version.
Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
Is there a duplicate file finder for external drives too? Well, Auslogics Duplicate File Finder offers you brilliant software to tackle your Windows 10 duplicate files both on internal and external drives. On top of that, this tool comes for free, and you can customise your optimisation parameters accordingly.
In addition to this, the tool lets you select files intended for deletion. And, you can directly send them to the Recycle Bin or eliminate them forever.
Check out the advantages of using the Auslogics Duplicate File Finder tool:
- The software allows you to select numerous filters to apply to your files.
- You can add different sizes in the filter to discard duplicate files.
- The tool can check for duplicate .exe formats and remove them.
- If you want to clear spaces on external drives such as Pendrives, USB drives, or hard disks, then it’s possible with Auslogics Duplicate File Finder.
- Additionally, the tool is available in multi-linguistic versions.
Therefore, you can boost your Windows 10 computers by freeing enough space on internal and external drives.
Quick Photo Finder
What is the best free duplicate photo finder for Windows 10? If you prioritise an easy duplicate file finder for images, then Quick Photo Finder is an excellent tool. Undoubtedly, you will find dupes of original shots on your system and removing them one by one is a hectic job.
You can skip the stress and rely on Quick Photo Finder for similar yet more effective results. Just a few clicks will get rid of all unnecessary images and photos. Keep your gallery organised and minimal with Quick Photo Finder.
Check out the key features of this tool:
- Make your photo library free from clutter with Quick Photo Finder’s innovative technology
- Its advanced algorithms can easily track identical and dupes of original photos
- You can use this tool for both internal and external storage devices
- Utilise its group-based filters to remove photo clutter immediately with just a click
- You can get multiple photo formats supported, such as TIFF, GIF, JPEG, PNG, BIMP, and more, on Quick Photo Finder
Hence, Quick Photo Finder is a safe and easy option for Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices. Unfortunately, older versions of Windows OS don’t support Quick Photo Finder.
Easy Duplicate Finder
Are you thinking of eradicating duplicate files from your cloud storage as well? If yes, then you should try Easy Duplicate Finder for your Windows 10 device. Instantly speed up your PC speed and performance with Easy Duplicate Finder.
This free duplicate file finder Windows 10 software supports SSD, HDD, and cloud storage for swift elimination of replicated data. Additionally, the tool uses an easy-to-understand drag-and-drop user interface to initiate file scanning.
Let’s have a look at the promising characteristics of Easy Duplicate Finder:
- This file finder provides over 10 search methods and filters for an efficient file management system
- The user interface wizard is easy to work with
- The tool doesn’t delete your data immediately; it lets you preview files before eliminating them
- In addition to this, you can make space in your Google Drive, DropBox, and other cloud storage facilities
- The wizard offers an undo button to recycle or retrieve files during any emergency
Moreover, the tool is available for free. You can install the software on Windows 10, Windows 11, and macOS platforms.
DupeGuru implements advanced algorithms in use, and that’s why you can get precise results in a couple of minutes. Enhance your system storage with DupeGuru for multiple file formats. This free duplicate file finder Windows 10 tool can scan diverse files, including audio ones.
You can compare and scan files and their replicas with DupeGuru. Additionally, the overall method can be completed within a short period of time. Get faster and more efficient results with DupeGuru.
Here’s what you must know about this file finder application and its features:
- Customisation of filters is easy with DupeGuru
- Its advanced parameters, such as attributes, tags, metadata, etc make the comparison accurate
- Discard all the duplicate clutter with DupeGuru’s brilliant scanning algorithm
- You can use DupeGuru’s music mode to look for duplicate audio files and remove them forever
What are Other Choices for Open-Source Duplicate File Finder?
Apart from the above free duplicate file finder Windows 10 tools, you can opt for Wise Duplicate Finder, XYplorer, VisiPics, AllDup, Glary Duplicate Cleaner, and other similar tools. Make sure that you review their features before you use them or commit to their services for your PC.