Roblox is a popular platform for playing and even creating diverse games. Gamers enjoy this feature of Roblox that they can intuitively build games, and it’s completely about their game instincts to decide the game-play. However, the platform is not free from technical glitches. Gamers have currently reported that they have experienced the Roblox stuck on configuring issues.
Whenever users try to configure the Roblox application on their PCs, the application gets stuck in an indefinite loop. It can be a poor internet connection, geo-blocks, or interference with antivirus software – anything can trigger the problem.
You need to address the Roblox stuck on configuring issues, and there are plenty of solutions. Check them out and apply them as they are presented here, one by one.
Disable your Antivirus Software
In case you have kept a third-party antivirus on your computer, then it can mess with the normal configuration of Roblox. Antivirus software can be overprotective more often, resulting in unexpected errors and bugs. This might be a sign that you need to deactivate your antivirus software. After all, configuring Roblox is not a threat to your computer.
Check if the Roblox stuck on configuring issue persists after you have disabled the antivirus. If you don’t want to compromise with the overall security of your PC, then you can add some exclusions to your antivirus configuration. Make sure that you add Roblox to the exclusion checklist of your antivirus software.
Verify the status of your Internet Connection
You can encounter Roblox stuck on configuring issues due to an unstable and poor network connection. Roblox needs an uninterrupted internet connection to transfer data between its corresponding servers.
The entire process will become a failure if Roblox can’t access the scope to connect to its server. No doubt, it will trap Roblox in an indefinite loop of configuration. You should be able to get a stable and steady internet connection. Check the network speed and overall status of your network connection to ensure that it’s not a complicated application error.
Make Use of Virtual Private Networks
Sometimes, it can be those unnoticed restrictions that your network connection might have imposed on services. You can’t overlook them when you are using a definite network connection. This might be the culprit behind the Roblox stuck on configuring issue. Users have told us that a VPN can solve the problem.
How can VPN help you eradicate the trouble? A VPN can offer you a private connection, and thus, you need not deal with the tantrums of your network connection. There are lots of VPNs available in the market. You can opt for a reliable VPN.
If you are a new user, then you should go for a trial use first, and then you should commit to the service. Check if this resolves the Roblox stuck on configuring issue.
Get rid of Roblox Cache
Perhaps, the Roblox application is overloaded with cache files. And, excessive load of cache files can create a lack of space. Consequently, the Roblox application might get an error while you try to configure the application.
To mend the Roblox stuck on configuring issue, you need to clear the cache in the following way:
- Launch a Run dialog box. Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously, and a Run window will appear in no time.
- You need to type ‘%Temp%\Roblox’ in the Open box. You can either click the OK button or hit the Enter key.
- Once the new window appears, press the Ctrl and A keys altogether to select every file. Finally, you can press the Delete button.
Afterwards, you can launch the Roblox application and check if the issue is still flashing on the screen.
Remove Roblox from your PC and Reinstall it
If none of the above solutions has proven successful until now, you can go for this hack. You need to completely uninstall the Roblox installation from your computer and install it again. If there’s an error with the current installation due to corrupted files, you need to remove the application entirely.
Here’s what you have to follow to get rid of the Roblox stuck on configuring issue.
- Press the Windows key and type Control Panel. Click on the Control Panel option from the result. It will launch the Control Panel for further actions with any application installed on the computer.
- Now, check the Programs section, and you can see the ‘Uninstall a program’ option. Click on it to take action against the existing Roblox installation.
- After that, you will see an entire list of installed applications on your PC. Scroll down and locate the Roblox entity. Double-click on Roblox to bring the uninstallation prompt. Next, click the Uninstall option.
- You have to remove all the application data from the AppData directory. Launch a Run dialog box by pressing the Windows and R keys.
- Enter ‘%appdata%’ in the Run dialog box and press OK. Go to the Local folder. You need to delete the folder named Roblox.
Now, you have to download the Roblox application from a trusted source or the official website of Roblox. Install the application and relaunch the application to check if the Roblox stuck on configuring issue is still there.
The latest update of Roblox can create the same menace. And, it can be solved by only reinstalling the application. When you reinstall the application, ensure that you turn off the antivirus until Roblox has a successful installation. Hopefully, these solutions will work for you to resolve the Roblox stuck on configuring issue.