We are quite well aware that discord is mainly known for its reliable online chat service, particularly among gamers. It uses instant messaging to keep the users connected.
Even though Discord is free to use, many users have complained that Discord is facing some errors while launching. But, don’t worry, we have discussed some points that will resolve the Discord launch error.
Fixes to the Discord launch errors
Over here, we will be discussing the troubleshooting of the Discord launch error. You can even check with the help of the Discord server status after performing the given step. They are listed below:
Cleaning the AppData to fix the Discord launch error
We are quite well aware that Windows 10 stores cache files on the AppData folder. It might be possible that your system is running out of storage, thus causing a Discord launch error.
Below we have discussed the steps to clear this folder and make space for discord files:
- The first step is to press the Windows+R keys together. This will open the Run dialog box.
- Now, you will observe an empty space. In that empty space, type %appdata% and select the OK button.
- This will lead you to File Explorer, AppData folder. Now, you need to locate the Discord folder and then right-click to choose the Delete option.
- Check if this method fixes the Discord launch error or not. If not, then go to the next step.
Launch Discord from the installed location
It might be possible that launching Discord directly from the installation folder might be able to open the software. The following steps will help you out:
- First, you have to open the File Explorer and navigate to the given folder
- Remember to change the user name with the local account username.
- Now, on the discord.exe file, double click and launch the application.
If you witness that it is not working, then right-click on Run As Administration. So that Discord can run with administrative permission.
Use Command Prompt to close Discord
If you see that while running the Discord stop working or won’t open, kill the process and try to restart the Discord again. Just simply enter the command in the Command Prompt.
Begin the process by pressing the Windows+R keys. The Run dialog box will appear, and in the given space, type “cmd”. Press the Ctrl+Shift+Enter key altogether to launch the Command Prompt with administrative permission. Now, type “taskkill/F/IM discord.exe”, and press Enter. Finally, close the Command Prompt and try to re-open the Discord.
Use Task Manager to stop Discord
It is quite an easy process; you just have to end the discord from the task manager and open it again afterwards. The steps are given below:
- Right-click on the space in your taskbar, and then choose the Task Manager from the Menu.
- If you see that it is in a compact view, then click on the More Details option from the bottom left window.
- From the Apps section, select Discord and click on the End Task button.
- Now, close the Task Manager and re-open Discord again.
Run the System File Checker
You can see this tool with different versions on Windows by default. Another name for this tool is SFC scan. This is the fastest way to fix the Discord launch error. The steps are listed below:
- First, you have to press the Windows+R key together. This will let the Run dialog box appear on the screen.
- Now, in the empty space, type cmd, and then press the Ctrl+Shift+Enter key together. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Then, you need to allow the Command Prompt to make changes on your device by hitting the Yes option.
- In the Command prompt type – sfc/scannow, and hit the Enter button.
- Wait till the scan is finished and the error has been resolved. It can be a little time-consuming.
- Close the Command Prompt and shut down the computer.
- After completing the scan, restart the device and check if the Discord has been launched properly or not.
Close the running applications
This is one of the most common reasons you witness the Discord launch error. Make sure to close all the running applications in the background. The steps are well described down below:
- Press the Windows+I key together to open the Settings. You can also go to the Start option to reach Settings.
- Now, click on the Privacy tab and from the menu and choose the Background apps. Then, uncheck the Let Apps Run In The Background option.
- Finally, restart your device and see if the Discord is properly opening or not.
Change the Date and Time Settings
Often it has been seen that checking the date and time on your machine can be used as a verification process. The date and time must be matched with the Discord received from its server.
And, to do so, you need to open the Date and Time Settings and turn on the Set Time Automatically. Finally, try to launch Discord and see if it is working or not.
So, these are the points that will help you to fix the Discord Launch Error. The points are effective, and many users have benefited from these points. The Discord launch error is not a tough issue, but if you fail to resolve it, seek help from professionals.