Many users have given feedback about the Google screen black problem they are facing. In case you are using Google, then there is a high possibility that you may encounter a completely black screen. This is one of the most irritating bugs in Google.
There are different causes behind this issue, like conflicting extensions, undiagnosed software bugs, etc.,. to resolve the issue; most users have tried troubleshooting steps. You don’t have to try all the given ones. You just need to try until you find the right one.
Cause of the Google Black Screen Issue
There can be different causes for the issue of Google Screen Black. It can signify a graphics display error or the browser interface isn’t performing properly. Henceforth, this might turn the browser windows black. Thus, making it absolutely impossible to view the web page or even control your browser.
In case there is any graphical display error, it means that something is interfering the Chrome’s ability. There is also a high possibility that there might be an undiagnosed bug, an issue with hardware acceleration, etc. It can either be random or due to some specific issue.
It is quite unfortunate for the fixer that there is no error code or log that you can use to determine the reason behind the browser window turning into a black screen.
So, we have to drop some fixes that will definitely help you out of the situation.
Fixes of Google Screen Black Issue
Below, we have discussed the instructions that will help you fix the Google screen black issue. The fixes are quite effective. You just need to follow the guidelines according to the order.
You don’t need to perform all the fixes, just the ones that will help you resolve the issue:
1.Resize the Browser Window
This is one of the quickest ways to resolve the Google screen black issue. Resizing the browser window will force the operating system to redraw or recreate the interface. Even resets any type of graphics error and restores it to normal. We have given some instructions that will help you out:
- To resize the browser window, you need to press the maximise or minimize button that is situated in the top right corner of the browser window. This will help in resetting the interface.
- If you notice that the browser is not maximised, you can put the mouse cursor in the corner of the browser window. Then, you can resize the window by pressing the mouse and moving it around.
- Many a time, users have given feedback that this solution has helped them in solving the issue. If you want, then you can also close and restart Chrome.
- Restarting the browser will help regenerate the interface. Thus, it will clear the Google screen black issue.
2. Disable the Hardware Acceleration
You will get hardware acceleration features in certain applications. This will use the processing power of the computer component, like CPU or graphics, to speed up actions, etc. If the GPU is overworked, this might lead to a graphical error.
The instruction given below will help you out:
- In the top left corner, you will see the three dots menu icon. Select the option to disable “Hardware acceleration in Chrome”. After that, from the Menu option, select the Settings option.
- Then, select the Advanced option, followed by the System option.
- You need to select the Use hardware acceleration when possible slider and switch it from the on to the off position.
- After disabling the hardware acceleration, you need to restart the browser. Then, select the Relaunch button so that it can do it automatically.
- After the completion of the solution, check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
3. Disable the Chrome Extension
This method will help resolve the issue. Chrome extension can help you in solving the issue. Also, keep in mind that they can also cause initial problems if they are buggy or not configured rightly.
Thus, you can use data extension if you see a Google screen black issue. Here, we have provided all the required instructions:
- First, you must press the three dots menu icon that you will notice at the top right corner.
- Then, on the Menu, select the More tool option followed by the Extensions option.
- After that, select the Slider icon from the extension menu.
- This will help you to disable it; just switch the button from on to off. In case you are unsure, then it would be better to switch all extensions off.
- Finally, after disabling the extension, close the browser and restart it to check if the issue has been resolved or not.
4. Turn off the Chrome Flags
You must be unaware that Google Chrome has a secret menu that contains several features and settings. Now, turn it on and off. This will allow customizing the Chrome user experience.
As the features are experimental, thus can be buggy and cause a black screen issue. Just turn it off, and your work is done.
We have given the instructions:
- In the address bar, type “chrome://flags/”. This will lead you to the chrome flags menu.
- Now, search for GPU or rendering-related flags. For instance, GPU rasterization is used to draw specific images faster but can cause issues. From the drop-down Menu, click on the Disabled option.
- After the flags are disabled, you need to restart the browser to check if the issue has been resolved or not.
5. Switch to Another Browser or Reinstall Chrome
It might be very unfortunate to hear that sometimes a Google screen black is not always recoverable. If you still witness the error, it won’t be better to reset the Chrome browser or even update or reinstall it.
To reinstall Chrome, it would be better to try the recent version. For instance, in Chrome canary, you can test the alpha release version and the latest bug fixes and features.
It would also be better if you go for another browser. In most browsers, like Edge, you will notice the same browser engine. Thus, you may witness the Google screen black screen over here.
After solving the issue with Google screen black you can use the browser effectively. You just need to follow the given fixes. One of the fixes mentioned above will definitely help you out. You can even use Chrome’s built-up password manager for more safety.